I would recommend some of my own stuff:
http://twittervlog.tv/popular-videos/
but i fear the language may be a little rich for 13 year olds.

Ze Frank's The Show is a good place to start.  Very creative to-camera
videoblogging - it ran from 2006-7.

He defined the style that you can see a lot of on YouTube now - with
fake video diaries like Fred
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fred

and videobloggers you see popping up in the Most Viewed section on
YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/videos

 From this list, Mike Moon does a great regular video diary at the
moment:
http://vlog.mikemoon.net

People like Ryanne Hodson and Michael Verdi did awesome video diary
work from 2004-6.
http://ryanedit.blogspot.com
http://michaelverdi.com

I'll let others jump in with specific examples of videos because I
suddenly have to run to take my daughter to school!

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 2 Feb 2010, at 01:54, Christopher wrote:

> Hi all,
> I got question. Just started a new WGBH Lab open call inspired by
> The Diary of Anne Frank. For this call for entries, we are asking
> for video diary entries, hence the connection to Anne Fank
>
> It's targeted to youth media makers 13 and up so I started a section
> called "video to inspire"...basically it's section for me share
> example videos of what we might be looking for but also so show
> methods that kids might be able to express themselves via video.
>
> can you all suggest some good examples out the video blogging
> community that I could link to or embed?
>
> Let me know.
>
> Chris
> The WGBH Lab
> e-mail: chris_hasti...@wgbh.org