Thanks Jay,
   After vocalizing my problem, it became easiler to find solutions. As you
said, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop are still the main contenders for
generating sequences, and I've found two online resources to get amateurs
like me up to speed...

1. After Effects Tutorials written in an approachable manner:
http://ae.tutsplus.com/

2. Stock After Effects sequence/animation templates (reasonably priced):
http://videohive.net

Do share if you find anything else that's relevant.

I've been videoblogging as a hobby, and I just wanted a more produced title
sequence to celebrate how long I've been at it :)

--
Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist