wow - great news!  i didn't even know Lightworks existed any more -
haven't heard of it for years.  had an editor who used it in 2001 for
some short TV films - thought at the time that it was much better than
Avid.  very like FCP.  used to be used by lots of editors in the UK
for both film & TV.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 15 Apr 2010, at 21:20, Jay dedman wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Adam Quirk
> <qu...@wreckandsalvage.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm so used to Premiere at this point that I probably won't switch
> unless
> > some open-source competitor comes along with all the features I
> need.
>
> <cue the FOSS announcement>
> "*Oscar and Emmy award-winning editing software 'Lightworks is going
> open-source*."
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/oscar-winning-video-editor-goes-open.html
>
> Jay
>
> --