MyFirstMemoryDotOrg: "Nothing professional. Just no hissing."

Yet you're not going to achieve anything but poor audio quality (in
comparison to more robust units), from systems DESIGNED to be substandard in
quality. This, me thinks, is what David was alluding to -- and I tend to
agree.

The harsh reality is, unfortunately, technology while amazing has
limitations relative to purpose. If your purpose is to throw anything up on
screen under a belief that content will override poor quality, then
inexpensive gear should suffice. But for a few dollars more, however, better
product control can be had by using equipment capable of delivering higher
production values.

As it stands now, issues like over-saturated audio gain (hence, "hissing")
is an unavoidable element when using cheaper gear. Thus you may want to
consider upgrading to a level that better suits your purpose, or deal with
the "hissing" as unavoidable.

Hope this helps.

Mark Villaseñor,
http://www.TailTrex.tv