----- Original Message -----
From: "Marguerita"

> Greetings,
>
> I bought a second camera (used, cheap on Craigslist) to help me make
> better videos and I just tried editing two simultaneously filmed small
> clips.
>
> There must be a better way!  I am learning as I go and the only way I
> could figure out how to do this was to put both clips on the timeline,
> take excerpts from clip#2 and overlay them onto clip#1 - but I had to play
> around with placement because the time marker just treats the clips like
> one long clip on the timeline.  I had to read lips to make sure I placed
> it in the correct spot to match the sound.
>
> I was hoping for a way to edit both clips simultaneously on the same
> timeline - I sure hope that makes sense.  I could line the 2 vids up with
> a clapper, but I need to see them both at the same time to decide which
> one overlays the other.  Is this possible?

One of the best ways to sync video is to sync the sound. Put both clips on
the timeline. One above the other. Expand (left/right) the timeline so that
the audio waveform is easier seen. Slide one clip left/right until it
matches the other clip. Test it by muting the audio from clip A put viewing
the video of clip B. Once everything is synced, LOCK both to each other.

There are fancier ways to edit the resulting video, but one way is to cut
out sections of the top video where you want to show the bottom video (be
sure that you shut off Ripple Edit)

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org