I have gradually replaced many of the laserdisks available in DVD. We received
some special funding for this when laserdisk players ceased to be delivered.
We gifted replaced laserdisks  and two players to NU’s Center for
Interdisciplinary Studies.  Our studio houses the Video Encyclopedia of the
Twentieth Century, which has a goldmine of footage for educational projects.

 Remaining laserdisks are in compact storage for easy retrieval, for the time
being.

Debra H. Mandel,
Head, Digital Media Design Studio
Northeastern University Libraries