From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Carolyn Jardine (Cary)
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:53 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Another question about PPR from a newbie...

Thanks, Sarah.  That's my thinking too!  I haven't received a quote from
Criterion yet but I'm guessing it's going to be more than we'd be able to pay.
I think the department should be responsible for this too, especially if we
don't want to set the wrong precedent.

Cary

videolib@lists.berkeley.edu<mailto:videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> writes:
Yes, you do have it right, then you have to decide if it's the *library's*
responsibility to use its materials budget for PPR when you could buy the thing
on amazon in a couple of weeks for $24.99 or whatever.  I know that in this
situation, I would let the department know that they were responsible for the
PPR rights for their "expo."

Sarah E. McCleskey
Head of Access Services
Acting Director, Film and Media Library
112 Axinn Library, 123 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-1230
516-463-5076
sarah.e.mccles...@hofstra.edu<mailto:sarah.e.mccles...@hofstra.edu>