Just received the email below from our faculty computing.  My gut reaction to
this is no way, clearly outside the bounds of Kastenmeier guidelines, not
legally acquired, etc.  Does anyone have an argument in favor of putting these
home-taped TV shows onto a DVD for in-class use?

FCS received a request from a professor to digitize video from 2 VHS tapes. The
video on the VHS are episodes from TV[personally recorded].

1.       Boston Legal [Conflicts- accepting a client who is suing another
lawyer of your firm]

2.       Law and Order [Ethics Episode]

The video is used during his lecture.  Are we able to digitize this video for
him?

Sarah E. McCleskey
Head of Access Services
 Acting Director, Film and Media Library
112 Axinn Library, 123 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-1230
516-463-5076
sarah.e.mccles...@hofstra.edu
[cid:image001.png@01CAA8D4.2E740910]