Dear VIDEOLIB group,

I am trying to find a documentary by director Jean Paul Le Chanois titled "Un
people attend" about a concentration camp

during the Spanish Civil war.

I found the following information about this documentary in this web page:

http://www.oberlin.edu/faculty/sfaber/refugee.pdf

"The film, entitled Refuge, was a dubbed-over and shortened version of Un
people attend. This documentary, directed earlier that year by Jean-Paul
LeChanois, alias Jean-Paul Dreyfus, and edited by Irving Lerner, combined
newsreel with original footage, including sequences shot in the camps with a
camera hidden in a grocery bag. Long thought lost, a 16mm print of Refuge has
recently surfaced among ALBA's collection"

I have consulted  http://mic.loc.gov/ and send emails to the following
organizations:

-          ALBA. Abraham Lincoln Brigade Archives.  http://www.alba-valb.org/
<http://www.alba-valb.org/>  Ellos tienen listserv y pagina en facebook. Quiza
tambien pueda ser una opcion que tu puedas intentar.
http://www.alba-valb.org/participate/listserv
<http://www.alba-valb.org/participate/listserv>

-          Library of Congress. Motion Pictures section.
http://www.loc.gov/rr/mopic/ <http://www.loc.gov/rr/mopic/>

-          National Archives
http://www.archives.gov/research/formats/film-sound-video.html
<http://www.archives.gov/research/formats/film-sound-video.html>

I would be very grateful if you could inform and/or refer me where I can find a
copy of this documentary.

Thanks!

Jesús Alonso-Regalado, Bibliographer

Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies

Romance Languages, Literatures, and Cultures

University Library, LI-204

University at Albany, SUNY

1400 Washington Avenue

Albany, NY 12222