Jessica said: Now just be my little evil devil's advocate self,f I have
a question for
 you Carrie.
Since ALA believes it is legal (or maybe you believe it should be legal)
stream an entire work to students outside of the actual classroom  does
this
mean you will advice Georgia State & UCLA both of whom have backed down,
NOT settle so this  view could in fact be tested in court?

Carrie says: I will not advise Georgia State, UCLA, or anyone how to
handle their legal situation.  ALA won't either.  What we are saying in
the issue brief is that we believe fair use could apply to the full
screening of films, including screenings that are conducted by
technological means depending on the situation.  The brief describes
that reasoning.

Jessica said: I mean that is what we all want right? A clear cut legal
ruling would
certainly end all this debate.

Carrie says: I don't think a court ruling would end this debate, in
part, because this is a political debate. Courts don't create rules;
they provide interpretations to guide us. Universities, schools,
librarians and vendors can establish rules if they so choose.