Nicholle,
I do not know if you have seen this information, but these two were the first
to cross a certain point in the Pan-American Highway in a Jeep in 1986, they
were traveling from Alaska to the southern end, rather than the other way
around.  They may however know of the documentary you seek, it does not appear
thay they had any video of their trip.  Their website is
www.outbackofbeyond.com

Hope this helps and is not some redundant information you already knew.

regards
jhs
>>> Nicholle Gerharter <ngerhar...@natronacountylibrary.org> 4/9/2010 3:04 PM

Hello Videolibbers!

I have a question from a patron that I'm not having much luck solving.
I'm hoping one of you will remember this documentary and the title.
Here is the story: A group of Florida neighbors decide to buy some
Jeeps (possibly 6 or 7, including 1 Wagoneer) and drive from the far
end of South America all the way to Alaska. They are successful and
have few problems along the way. They use ramps and rafts to get their
Jeeps across various canyons and rivers. The trip probably took place
before the invasion of Panama, which happened in 1989. The patron
thinks the documentary may have been shown on PBS or the History
Channel.

Any takers? I have searched both the PBS and History Channel websites,
and done a lot of keyword searching online. The trouble seems to be
that in recent years, many people have undertaken Jeep trips of the
Pan-American Highway, and they're crowding up my search results.

Thanks!

Nicholle Gerharter

Reference Librarian

Natrona County Public Library