  From: Jessica Rosner
  To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
  Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 2:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [Videolib] New copyright rules re: DMCA exemptions
arefinallyannounced

  Actually Gary I disagree. I think this rule reaffirms the terms of what "Fair
Use" is considering you have a least one major institution and more than a few
academics claiming it actually can cover an ENTIRE feature work. Here is the
wording in the new rule (or whatever we call it)

  "in order to accomplish the incorporation of short portions of motion
pictures into new works for the purpose of criticism or comment"

  Now I grant you "small portion" is still a bit vague but pretty clear it is
NOT an entire work.