I manage a campus movie theater, so my programmers routinely purchase PPR from
Swank and with other distributors.

>From my experience the price quoted by any film distributor (including Swank)
>may be determined by several things:  the size of your University or student
>body, the number of seats in your venue, the number of audience members you
>expect to attend, whether or not you plan to charge admission (charging
>admission will raise the price of PPR), how many times or days you plan to
>show the film, the age of the film, the popularity of a film.

For instance, a new, popular film usually costs much more than an old,
unpopular film.   If you expect 50 people to attend, you may pay less than if
you expect 700 people to attend (with Swank you will have to submit an audience
report to verify your attendance).  Very small documentaries are often very
inexpensive, but sometimes a small independent film will cost as much as a
popular blockbuster.

All that being said, you can sometimes negotiate a better price for a film.
Many distributors would rather make the sale than not, these days.  Your
success will depend upon your relationship with your distributor.

Let me know if you need further information.

Sandra

Sandra F. Jackson
Film Program Coordinator
Lumina Theater & Sharky's Box Office
Department of Campus Life
The University of North Carolina Wilmington
Phone 910.962.7971  Fax: 910-962-7438
jackso...@uncw.edu
http://www.uncw.edu/lumina
NOTICE: Emails sent and received in the course of university business are
subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act (N.C.G.S. ยง132-1 et seq.) and
may be released to the public unless an exception applies.