You definitely would not want to put them on a DVD, unless it was a round
donut type. It would not spin evenly in a drive. We are using these tags,
and only mark the cases. We also still double-box the feature films. For VHS
we do place the label over one of the windows on top, and, mostly, that
works.
Val

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Marilyn Nasserden <
marilyn.nasser...@ucalgary.ca> wrote:

>  Dear collective wisdom,
> Our Library is in the initial stages of implementing security for our
> print library collections with RFID tags.  I was asked today whether
> RFID tags would work with my media collections: VHS, DVDs, CDs, LPs,
> etc.  Does anyone have any experience on RFID tags and media to share?
> My initial reaction is "not a good idea" for similar reasons to not
> putting tattle tapes on media.  Do you think it would be at all
> effective to put RFID tags on the cases/covers only?  We don't currently
> have the lockable cases and our media collections will become browsable
> in the new library we're moving into during Winter term.
> Marilyn
> --
>
> Marilyn Nasserden
> Head, Fine Arts&  Visual Resources