From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Deg Farrelly
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 1:01 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Cool reference question...your assistance?

Gary

Assume you prefer feature films, but on the documentary side there is
"Our Daily Bread" (Not the King Vidor title, but the documentary
distributed by Icarus)

Welcome to the world of industrial food production and high-tech
farming. Produced between October 2003 and October 2005 the film looks
into the places where food is produced in European farms, greenhouses,
processing plants and other places where crops and animals are
cultivated and processed to become food for people. The images of food
and animals treated as an industrial products are presented without
comment.  No dialogue, just the sounds of machines and ambient noise.

-deg

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 09:05:53 -0700

I'm looking for examples of films that do interesting things with words,
either written or spoken, or (at the other extreme) try to do without
words. I've got lots of silent films with title cards I can use, but I
am looking for others. Some that come to mind include The Man with the
Movie Camera, My Dinner with Andre, and Koyaanisqatsi. Any further
suggestions? I'm interested in credits, subtitles, words on sets,
dialogue, voiceover, etc.

producers and distributors.