Ah, that explains the dearth of replies from this usually highly
opinionated community. I note though that I am not violating the
VIDEOLIB mandate:

issues relating to the selection, evaluation,
acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current
and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It
is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
distributors.

So I hope to hear more opinions. At the moment, I am inclined towards
the documentary that places the films in context without showing the
explicit material and not releasing the collection of films. I asked
myself the following questions yesterday evening:

--if the films come with a manifesto, are they still porn due to the
explicit nature of the content?
--oddly enough, if they are released by a dedicated porn distributor,
then any political relevance that the filmmakers were attempting to
achieve will be obliterated and they will be sold as porn... by women.

Best,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Sheldon
Vice President