I think you'd need to look at a few components depending on what you want to do in what context and for whom:

* TEACH Act

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#110

http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/copyright/teachact/index.cfm

* DMCA

http://www.ala.org/ala/issuesadvocacy/copyright/dmca/index.cfm

* Rulemaking on Exemptions from Prohibition on Circumvention of Technological Measures that Control Access to Copyrighted Works

http://www.copyright.gov/1201/

* And of course, Fair Use is always good, too:

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107

http://copyright.columbia.edu/copyright/fair-use/

Best,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.