Good morning,
  I'm brand new to the list. I've posted this to the PADG and Archives
list as well, but I wanted to get your thoughts on how your institution
may be handling VHS tapes. We used to have a policy in place where we
would play these tapes to prevent packing, but this hasn't been done in
years. Is anyone still doing this? Are you converting VHS tapes to DVD
or are you converting them for streaming? Are you replacing these where
appropriate (within the constraints of copyright law? How often do you
weed, if at all, and how do you "persuade" selectors to work with these
collections and make decisions? Are there any other strategies you're
using for evaluating existing collections?
 Also, how are you following or dealing with copyright issues relating
to this subject. I appreciate any help. Thanks.     --Andy

--
Andrew J. Damico
Preservation Librarian