Hi everyone,

My name is Rob Hoffman and I'm a MIS student at the University of Michigan''s School of Information. Myself, Sarah Lemre, Sara Veltri and Jessie Mannisto are part of a four-member group in Karen Markey's "Collection Development" class.

Our semester-long project is the Askwith Video Library at the University of Mchigan. Jeffrey Pearson at the Askwith has been enormously helpful so far. This week, we are completing an assignment evaluating five different sources of information that we could use (theoretically) to build Askwith's collecrion.

We have chosen to evaluate Video Librarian, DVDBeaver.com, Blu- ray.com, Entertainment Weekly and Doug Pratt's DVD LaserDisc newsletter. As part of the report, we'd like to include direct quotes from college video librarians about why they find any of the sites most useful – or disposable.

You can respond offlist, if you like, to our group email: si620gr...@ctools.umich.edu .

Thanks!

Rob Hoffman
MSI Candidate, 2011
University of Michigan
School of Information-Archives & Records Management
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-hoffman/7/787/751