To whoever might be able to answer this....

I have an instructor who has assigned her students to watch Examined
Life, a film from Zeitgeist Films.  I found out because a student came
in to the library looking for it in the catalog. We don't own it. In
communicating with the instructor, it turns out that she is sending them
to megavideo.com to watch it. She tells me that it is readily available
on multiple public sites, but I can't find out whether or not the public
distribution of this film is legit.

So here are my questions:
1) Is it legitimately publicly distributed?
2) If so, how would we know that? I see the film for sale on the
Zeitgeist Films site, so I wonder why it would be for sale if anyone can
see it on the open Internet.

Thanks for any assistance...jen

Jennifer Foster
Media Librarian
Victoria College/University of Houston-Victoria Library
361.570.4195
http://vcuhvlibrary.uhv.edu