Hi all,

I've had a request from an administrator to record a short portion of a two
hour national morning talk show. Our university participated in a study that is
going to be reported on during a 10 minute segment of the show. The
administrator doesn't have a specific use in mind for it, she just thinks it
would be beneficial to have as a record.

So, does this fall under Kastenmeier? I always had the impression this
guideline covered more in class teaching related uses, plus the 10day/45 day
rules don't help me out much here.  Is there a legally acceptable way for the
library to record a segment of this program and keep it indefinitely? Possibly
even restricted to in-house use?

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Stanton