[cid:imagec79a00.GIF@c6fe49a0.4a8b237c]
this is aacc
It is possible that the book was not ordered by the Marketplace vendor from
Amazon in order to fulfill the customer’s order.  My library uses Amazon
Marketplace often – always scrutinizing prices and vendor ratings – so we are
familiar with a relatively new practice that Amazon offers to its Marketplace
partners.  Amazon is not only the storefront, but is also the distributor for
some of them.  This is clearly noted in the listing, with phrasing something
like “ships from Amazon.com” and “eligible for super saver.”  I can’t quickly
find an example, or I would include a screen shot.

While the blog posting contains some pretty outrageous examples, the price for
a particular used book can vary greatly from vendor to vendor.  We hope that it
is based on tangible characteristics, such as condition.  But often, there is
more to it, such as the availability of used copies of the book.  Generally
speaking, though, if you carefully review the listings and think about how much
you are willing to pay for an item, you can do well with Marketplace.  It has
made purchasing out of print materials much easier and faster.

Cynthia Steinhoff
Anne Arundel Community College
Arnold, MD

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If
the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its content, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
message. Thank you.