Here at American U, we now have the audiovisual department, Academic
Multimedia Services (faculty production support), New Media Center
(student production support), and my Media Services (my crowd) all
under the same roof and there's interest in having a central archive
for university-produced footage (or whatever they call it in the
digital realm). We had been planning to install a Final Cut Server to
manage this stuff but Apple discontinued that this week so I'm looking
for alternatives. Anybody have any to suggest?  Ideally I'd like to
find an off-the-shelf system that also yields at least thumbnail
images if not low-res preview clips and allows for a reasonable amount
of searchable metadata. I'm afraid Final Cut Server may have been the
only game in town.

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian

For latest Media Services News visit our blog at
http://aulibmedia.blogspot.com

or on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-University-Library-Media-Services/132559226823103

Please think twice before printing this e-mail.