I've shared the wiki with three colleagues here---our music/dance/film/theater
bibliographer, our film and video cataloger and our video acquisitions
person---threee  thumbs-up from them---four counting me!

I wonder---merely wondering:

Would there be any benefit to having a way to highlight new VHS-only additions,
either, for example, by yellow highlighting newbies or by separating them from
the rest of the list for a time?  Would this help make sure they could be more
easily spotted, reviewed and vetted by more people without having to comb
through the entire list?

As I say, I don't know if this is such a good idea or not---I was wondering
though how many ways might this list be used?  I would use it to determine
certain VHS titles for which we need to be extra protective.

It could be that some would be interested to browse for newly added titles,
either vhs-only or recently available in DVD.

Another question, how often does it happen that DVDs go out of availability?

Tyra Grant

Digital and electronic media preservation officer

University of Kansas Libraries

tgr...@ku.edu<mailto:tgr...@ku.edu>

Phone: 785-864-8951