I work for the Salt Lake City Public Library and these courses are extremely
popular!  But I always wait until they go on sale. They offer every course in
their catalog at a sale price at least once each year.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rhonda J. Rosen" <rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 11:41:43 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: [Videolib] great courses

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a faculty who wants to order one of those “Great Courses.” I’ve tried
to avoid them over the years as I consider them more in the talking heads kind
of productions,

And basically a substitute for a teacher, rather than a supplement….but am I
wrong?

Do any of you purchase them for your collections….they are often like 20 – ½
hour lectures…..lots of space taken up….

Just curious,

Rhonda

Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services
William H. Hannon Library | Loyola Marymount University
One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
http://library.lmu.edu

"You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people sit
in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing wild
animals as librarians."
--Monty Python

Tiffany Hudson
Audio-Visual Selector
Salt Lake City Public Library
210 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT  84111
thud...@slcpl.org

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~Eleanor
Roosevelt