Ben,
I think you are a bit hard on companies that "don't offer" streaming. Most
of the small companies you site don't likely have enough of market to set
up their own streaming system. In most cases they do offer streaming rights
for libraries that want to do it on their own system ( FYI I don't think
Kino Lorber offer direct streaming only rights but someone can correct me
on that). Rights issues can be particularly vexing for small companies
specializing in educational/ independent and especially foreign films. Old
contracts need to be redone in many cases and rights generally have a fixed
period for which the company can stream the film ( or do anything else).
Contracts expire and thus rights expire unlike the vast majority of studio
titles. For obvious reasons a small company that might have anywhere from
50 to 500 titles in its collection has to have a different model than
studios or netflix with have tens or hundreds of thousands.

Small companies are committed to working with libraries both public and
academic so their films can be seen & used at a reasonable price but tech
and rights issues are a problem.

Regards

Jessica

Jessica Rosner