From:   Meghann Matwichuk <mtw...@udel.edu>
To:     videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Date:   12/13/2011 02:15 PM
Subject:        [Videolib] "This Far By Faith" / other recommended titles
re: Black American Musilms
Sent by:        videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu

Hello All,

I'm looking to see if we can obtain a DVD set released by PBS in 2003
called This Far By Faith:

http://www.pbs.org/thisfarbyfaith/about/the_series.html

Notations on the page indicate that the DVDs can be purchased, but the
link into PBS's sales database doesn't retrieve anything and a phone call
to PBS confirmed that they no longer distribute it.  (A book by the same
name is available, but no DVDs.)  The production company (Blackside) link
appears to be defunct, too, although I am waiting for a response to a
query I've send to a different Blackisde Productions.

In the meanwhile, I thought I'd check to see if anyone might know of
alternate distributors for this title, or other suggestions for films
about Black American Muslims.

Thanks in advance,

*************************
Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian
Film and Video Collection Department
Morris Library, University of Delaware
181 S. College Ave.
Newark, DE 19717
(302) 831-1475
http://www.lib.udel.edu/filmandvideo
http://guides.lib.udel.edu/filmstudiesVIDEOLIB is intended to encourage
the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection,
evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of
current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions.
It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for
video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between
libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.