Just to clarify Dennis' response a bit, there are two parts to the equation. He
is referring to PAL. That is a television format (NTSC in USA). You need a
mulit-system DVD player that will play PAL on US TV's. Or you can play a PAL
DVD on most computers.

The region 0 refers to DVD region protection. 0 is open so would not stop you
from playing it on a DVD player manufactured for the US. Feel free to contact
me if you need more detailed info.

Happy Holidays all.
Bob

Robert A. Norris