"The lack of distributor info or release date may mean this is not a
legal copy."

Hi Jessica,

might be it's illegal...
It's probably an import from Cuba. In the US this title is distributed
by Kimbara Cine Cubano in Florida
http://www.cinematecacubana.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=247

According to WorldCat most libraries in the US have bought this title on
DVD from Zafra Video in Mexico (the  New Yorker edition was VHS):
http://www.zafravideo.com/cat_dvd.php?pagina=22&ordenar=titulo

This edition is also available in Switzerland:
http://www.cubanisima.ch/de/film/dvd.cfm?CD=04VE001
As a distributor they indicate the Cuban Film Institute ICAIC which
might be the contact for public performance rights (?), too.
http://www.cinelatinoamericano.org/direct.aspx?cod=15

Is there still an embargo to Cuba in the US?

Best
Peter