Subject: Web technology and documentary content distribution
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:20:58 -0500
From: Peter Cohn <bongoma...@gmail.com>
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu

I wonder if anyone out there has some ideas about how filmmakers and
distributors can better use technology to distribute interesting content to
colleges?  Of course streaming and downloading have changed the delivery
mechanism, but I'm thinking about more out of the
box ideas involving distribution of "learning modules" and other content
derived from feature length films, or even modules created separately
from the
feature content.  I know that FMG and Alexander Street offer some of
this content.   Does anyone have have thoughts on what works best
now and what they would like to see in the future?
Thanks,
Peter Cohn
Hillcrest Films/New Day Films