Hi, all,

First, sorry for any duplication.  Background - until mid January, we double
shelved our cds and dvds - empty cases on the shelf, discs in file cabinets in
back of the circ desk.  For several reasons - promoting self check out, space
considerations (lack of in the file cabinets),  and the time it takes to
retrieve the discs, and then put them away,  last fall, we put the discs for
all cds but Popular and Spanish in the cases, and so far, have had fairly
little loss.  The decision was made to do this with the dvds, also.  Since mid
January, we have lost over 170 titles, all but a very few are feature films. (I
know - ouch!)  My question is, other than security boxes, such as Alpha, etc.,
or security overlays, what else is out there for securing cds and dvds in the
cases so light fingered patrons don't take them.  Oh - we really don't have a
security system.   I have contacted Midwest Tape about their locks.  Thanks in
advance for any help.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library