Hey Maureen

We subscribed to Film Movement in its earliest years...it was a lot
cheaper back then.

I've found the films really amazing, for the most part.  Small, indie, off
the beaten track, foreign and domestic, and generally wonderful.  I like
the fact that many of these discs also include cool short films.

That said:  I think the pricing is a bit high and I also think that
without concerted publicity and "chatting-up" many of the titles received
will never be used...

gary handman

> 1.       I have a part-time assistant who handles media desk operations
> and manages our student staff.  I have tried unsuccessfully to have his
> position made full-time.  He's been here for two years, and I would at
> least like him to get a salary increase.  Would any other academic media
> librarian folks like to share with me what the pay rate for comparable
> positions at other schools?  This information would help me to ask for an
> appropriate increase.  This can be off-list, of course.
> 2.      Would anyone be willing to share their experiences with Film
> Movement?  It sounds like a great way for the Library to do some media
> programming.  I'd like to hear from someone who has tried-pros and cons,
> if any.
> Thanks, everyone!
>
> Maureen Tripp
> Media Librarian