From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Tatar, Becky
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:56 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] DVDs - Burned vs Pressed

Hi, all,

 A couple of months ago I asked if there was increased risk of degradation on
burned DVDs vs pressed DVDs.  Someone responded, and I can't remember who.  I
think the answer was that the burned titles can degrade.  Also, someone
mentioned that the burned titles don't always play on older players.  We get a
lot of discs returned from patrons claiming that the disc won't play.  I put it
in our player and it works fine.  I can't find these answers in the archive.
We have a patron complaining up the ladder about discs that don't play on her
player, so we need some facts on this.  Thanks!

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street