I'm new at this "finding the rights" thing, but it's needed for a film festival
that's happening relatively soon (too soon!), so your help will be appreciated!

The questions, I suppose, concern (i) whether any of the films we want are in
the public domain, and (ii) if not, how do I go about talking to someone about
the rights to show them at the festival.

The first film I have in mind is Castellani's "Un colpo di pistola" (The Pistol
Shot) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033475/)

Our genuine thanks in advance for ANY and ALL counsel, advice, leads, contacts,
etc.!