Hi

Here's a Women Make Movies title that looks at women in prison who lobby
on behalf of abused women:

Sin by Silence
    From behind prison walls, the film reveals the lives of extraordinary
women who advocated for a future free from domestic violence. Inside
California's oldest women's prison, the first inmate-initiated and led
group in the U.S. prison system was created by inmate Brenda Clubine
to help abused women speak out and realize they are not alone. Over
the past two decades, the women of CWAA, Convicted Women Against
Abuse, have changed laws for battered women and raised awareness for
those on the outside. The documentary tells the personal and shocking
stories of these courageous women who have learned from their past,
are changing their future, and most importantly, are teaching us how
domestic violence affects each and every person. Directed & produced
by Olivia Klaus. Special features (ca. 2 hrs.): "Violence and abuse"
discussion clips (40 min.) -- "CWAA Meetings" clips (11 min.) --
"Batterer's perspective" featurette (14 min.)-- Law enforcement and
corrections" discussion clips (22 min.) -- "Legal aspects" discussion
clips (24 min.) -- "Faith-based" discussion clips (15 min.) -- "Brenda
Clubine" clips (12 min.). c2009. 49 min.

and another on sort of the same topic (available as home video)

'Til Death Do Us Part
    Takes the viewer on a journey with incarcerated battered women, as
they relate their stories from first falling in love, through the
abuse by their spouses, the murder, trial, parole process, and
finally, for one woman, freedom. It is thought in our society that a
woman can leave an abusive relationship at any time. However, the
women in this film prove the contrary. They were under the age of 24,
isolated from their families and had virtuallly no money. They all
reached a point where there was a final beating in which the survival
instinct prevailed. In these final moments, they snapped and killed.
Produced and directed by Vita Lusty. Special features: Director's film
notes ; short film "Cops to courts: saving our women" ; short film
"Bybee" ; live performance video of Faith Nolan. c2008. 92 min.

> <FONT face="Default Sans Serif,Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"
> size=2><DIV>I am looking for documentary films on domestic violence,
> particularly any with&nbsp;a legal or criminal justice angle (not
> psychology, diagnosis or healing or social work or training videos).&nbsp;
> "Crime After Crime" recently released by Roco Ed is a geat example which
> we intend to use.&nbsp; I am wondering about other films in a similar
> vein.&nbsp; </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>We already
> have:</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Domestic Violence (2 part title from
> Zipporah)</DIV><DIV>Breaking the Cycle of Domestic Violence</DIV><DIV>The
> Healing Years</DIV><DIV>Battered Hearts</DIV><DIV>Battered Women (films
> for humanities)</DIV><DIV>Behind Closed Doors</DIV><DIV>Defending Our
> Lives</DIV><DIV>A Love that Kills</DIV><DIV>Terror at Home&nbsp;
> </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>These will be viewed in class as part of a
> seminar on the topic.&nbsp; I am trying to find more titles to purchase
> for the prof to view over the summer before settling on the chosen titles
> for the syllabus in the fall.&nbsp; No&nbsp;movies or fiction films are
> wanted.&nbsp;
> Thanks,</DIV><DIV>Matthew</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><BR>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV><BR></DIV></FONT>

Director
Media Resources Center
Moffitt Library
UC Berkeley