Hi Erika,

Information on UNT's digital video delivery:

*         We offer access to a single version of the online video- it's on the
higher bandwidth side.

*         The files are flv, hosted on a Flash streaming server and managed by
a database and user interface our IT department created inhouse (called "Video
on Demand Collection").  The user interface is searchable and browsable. We
have some basic metadata (title, length, synopsis, permalink) included.

*         We also add bib records for most of the streaming items to the
library catalog. The exceptions are those titles that we have licensed for a
limited user group -  90% of the content is listed in the catalog. The catalog
record directs users to the  Video on Demand Collection to view the video.

*         We authenticate access.  Users have to login both on and off campus.
Access can be limited course enrollment if necessary.

*         We just started incorporate closed captions, when we have access to
the caption file.

*         We don't have an embed function, so other sites (like Blackboard)
have to link back to our collection page for access.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Stanton
Head, Media Library