Deg,
As you know I have always commented on the use of an entire feature film
though I would actually make that any piece of media beyond a few minutes.
You want to compare a single art image to  two hour film for "fair use"
?There have been numerous copyright rulings over many, many years which
have backed this up going all the way back 30 years to a New York State
school district which got bitch slapped for recording and using numerous
"educational" TV programs in its schools indefinitely claiming "fair use".
I am honestly not sure why the judge picked 10% as a bright line in the GSU
case but again it is simply absurd given the entire history of "fair use"
in copyright law to claim it would cover an entire work of any length
anymore than there is somehow a separate definition of "fair use" for print
Vs visual works.

I do find it mind boggling that you honestly believe it is legal and
somehow "fair use" to digitize and stream an entire
work without clearance from the author/filmmaker/rights holder. I wonder
how you would feel in the Univ decided to just eliminate the library and
the librarians because after all one could just put everything the students
ask for on line under  "fair use" and would save tons of money that they
might otherwise have to spend actually buying those pesky books and films
and the people to curate or manage them.