Hi Kim. I have attended the SCMS conference recently and found it very interesting and worthwhile to attend as a librarian. There are many panels that address teaching, research, and collections issues, primarily from a faculty standpoint. The attendees are friendly, and the size of the conference is manageable. I have been told from a number of SCMS members that they would welcome the contributions of librarians to the organization, and I think there would be room for a librarians' interest group. I would be interested to hear from other cinema and media studies librarians who might like to work toward this goal as well. It would be worth posting your question to the camslib listserv (https://lists.carleton.edu/info/camslib), whose audience is cinema and media studies librarians, to hear their feedback.

best,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Peterson
Librarian for Literature & Cinema Studies
University of Oregon
Eugene, Oregon 97403-1299
e...@uoregon.edu
541.346.3047