I second Rick's comments, and have asked the same before myself.

It takes just a moment or two to remove extraneous content.  Having to wade
through it all makes it particularly difficult to read this discussion list.

I find it particularly annoying to wade through threads because I receive the
list in digest form.  If another who receives the list in digest just hits the
Reply button, I get the entire digest all over again.

PLEASE use your editing tools to trim your messages in replying.  Thank you for
being considerate of other readers of the list.

deg farrelly
ASU Libraries
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 871006
Tempe, Arizona  85287-1006
480.965.1403

-- Why can't you posters trim all the cruft in your replies? Trim all
extraneous quotes, multiple list footers, multiple poster sig blocks, etc.?

-- Why can't you first quote that text to which you're replying (and ONLY
the text to which you're replying), and then, below that, reply to the text
to which you're responding?

This list has been the worst to read in my decades on email lists.

Rick Faaberg