Thanks Ursula! I've been having fun making fun of my stay in Vegas. Truth
be told, the first night I went to bed early to get ready for my speech and
the second night I saw my friends who happened to be in town that same day.
The big thrill was being searched by the secret service and seeing snipers
walk by since my friends were staying at the Lake Las Vegas Westin where
the president was staying.

But I want to thank deg and Ursula for giving Maureen and me a chance to
present our case that ALL media are precious and we all must do our part to
ensure the preservation of the films. I spoke for 40 minutes but nothing
was so impressive a statement as Maureen showing that wonderful five minute
16mm film from the 1970s. I had never seen it before and it was worth the
whole trip. These films are being tossed out or given away at an alarming
rate by the non-profit institutions ironically at a time when media studies
are finally realizing how invaluable these films are to American history
and culture -- especially combined with the whole experience of threading a
16mm projector and hearing the projector's whir while the beam of light
flashes across the room. Maureen's presentation was very cool with lots of
great information for media librarians.

In a time of budget crunches and space concerns, I'm really glad the NMM
allowed us this opportunity.

--
Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117 / Fax: 201-767-3035 / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
Visit our main website!  www.milestonefilms.com
Visit our new websites!  www.shirleyclarkefilms.com, www.comebackafrica.com
  www.ontheboweryfilm.com
<http://www.killerofsheep.com/>
Support "Milestone Film" on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!
See the website: Association of Moving Image
Archivists<http://www.amianet.org/> and
like them on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Moving-Image-Archivists/86854559717>

AMIA 2012 Conference, Seattle, WA, December 4-7!<http://www.amiaconference.com/>