Pardon the cross post:

Hi Everyone,

This fall the VRT sent out a survey to better gauge current membership
media related library roles, interests, and preferred strategies for VRT
outreach and engagement.  An additional goal was to capture topic interests
for a potential, much subsidized, VRT sponsored pre-conference at ALA
Annual 2014.  A report of the survey results has now been
posted<http://connect.ala.org/node/198600>on the VRT section of the
ALA Connect blog.  We had a decent number of
useful.  Capturing this information is just the first step, with further
discussion to follow in order to determine possibilities for future
directions.

A discussion around the results of this report will take place at the ALA
Midwinter 2013 Video Round Table Membership and Executive Board Meeting
(OPEN to all) (Monday, January 28, 2013 - 8:30 - 11:30am - Jefferson
Room (Sheraton
Seattle Hotel <http://alamw13.ala.org/node/8610>)).  If you will be at
Midwinter, please feel free to stop by and contribute to the discussion.
If you want to offer feedback either on the blog or to me directly feel
free to do so.  Also, the online survey form <http://bit.ly/VWkRm7> is
still open.

Best,
Scott Spicer

PS: I am looking forward to seeing those of you attending Midwinter this
weekend!  If you have not already reserved your dinner reservation this
Friday evening, please contact (antho...@usc.edu). Opened to all (VRT
member or not)!
--
Media Outreach and Learning Spaces Librarian - Chair, ALA Video Round Table
University of Minnesota Libraries - Twin Cities