Oh, now deg, you're twisting what I write into the truth. How dare you! ;-)

Dennis

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Deg Farrelly <deg.farre...@asu.edu> wrote:

> I suspect that the lack of focus on media services in campus tours is as
> much an issue of the * library's * focus on what matters.
>
> It is well known that historically libraries have treated media as 2nd
> class citizens (the red-haired stepchild as I call it).  Collections get
> short shrift in budget, in cataloging, in building placement, as resources
> for research, in access (closed-stacks, anyone?)
>
> Libraries often have a say in how they are covered in tours, and provide
> talking points.  If the media collection is not covered on the tour or
> interview process, it often is because the library has not highlighted it.
>
> Same with Dennis' comment about university presidents and funding.  The
> funding is there, but libraries don't put it towards media needsÅ . Again
> because that $5000 towards media titles in one time purchase is not as
> important as that $5000 a year science journal.
>
> -deg
>
> deg farrelly, Media Librarian
> Arizona State University Libraries
> Hayden Library C1H1
> P.O. Box 871006
> Tempe, Arizona  85287-1006
> Phone:  602.332.3103
>

> ---
> To market, to market, to find some fresh filmÅ
> I'm attending the 2013 National Media Market, November 3-7
> In Charleston, South Carolina.  See you there?
>

> On 4/12/13 10:40 AM, "videolib-requ...@lists.berkeley.edu"
> <videolib-requ...@lists.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>

> >Looking back on those visits, I realize that Dennis is right - really, no
> >one specifically discussed AV services!  A few mentioned IT, most
> >stressed and featured the library/libraries, but there wasn't much
> >reference at all to film or AV services.

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video/Milliarium Zero
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: 201-767-3117 / Fax: 201-767-3035 / Email: milefi...@gmail.com
Visit our main website!  www.milestonefilms.com
Visit our new websites!  www.shirleyclarkefilms.com, www.comebackafrica.com
  www.ontheboweryfilm.com
<http://www.killerofsheep.com/>
Support "Milestone Film" on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Milestone-Film/22348485426>
 and Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/MilestoneFilms>!

See the website: Association of Moving Image
Archivists<http://www.amianet.org/> and
like them on
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Association-of-Moving-Image-Archivists/86854559717>
AMIA 2013 Conference, Richmond, Virginia, November 5-9!<http://www.amianet.org/>