From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Carleton L. Jackson
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:25 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu; CCUMC-LS
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Center for Intellectual Property closing

Videolibers:

For what it's worth, we at the other University of Maryland campuses only got
this same memo today as well. Our libraries copyright team is doing some
informal investigation, but it's almost like a secret/surprise for us outside
of UMUC. UMUC has indeed had some issues this last year or so and I wouldn't be
surprised if it's not at least budgets/mission connected.

We will keep you posted.

Carleton L. Jackson,
Head, Nonprint Media Services
University of Maryland Libraries