This is the big problem with streaming especially for feature films. There
are a huge number that are not available especially foreign and indie
films. You basically have to track them down one by one and to be honest I
strongly suspect on the foreign ones the rights holder will say no or
simply want an insane amount of money. Streaming is of course a specific
right in a contract and you will often find cases where the company that
has the film on DVD does not have the streaming rights.

As a practical matter not every film and not even remote majority of films
made are going to be available for streaming. I would do your best to track
down the rights holders but again they may well say no which is not as mean
as it sounds. If you are asking a rights holder in France to stream a movie
they have not even sold rights for in the US to stream it for a college
they are pretty likely to say no. Indie filmmakers may be more friendly but
quote a high price. Sometimes the professor is just going to have to find
another title

Confused re BABEL. You say multiple venders but can't get streaming? It was
a Paramount Vantage release. Paramount titles are now at Criterion Pictures
USA but I think they can't do streaming yet. Also the rights may have
expired and reverted back to the original owner in Europe but I would check
with Criterion.