Film Annex mostly had bootleg stuff that ran afoul of GATT so I doubt this
was a legit release and no idea how you would track it down.

There is weird typo though. The film was made in 1972 and no way it was
released on VHS in 2010 and any release after around 98 would have been a
bootleg ( though the rights holder would have to object and they likely
were not watching.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Rosen, Rhonda <rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu> wrote:

>  Does anyone know if this is available for purchase on DVD…our old VHS is
> dying…Rhonda****
>
> * *
>
> *Aristophanes' Lysistrata* ****
>
> Aristophanes.;  Giannes *Negrepontes*;  Nikos Kavou *Kide*;  Kostas *
> Kazakos*;  Tzene *Kareze*;  Giorvos *Zervoulakos*****
>
> 2010 ****
>
> *Greek, Modern [1453- ]* [image: Description: Visual Material] Visual
> Material : Videorecording : [image: Description: DVD video] DVD video 1
> videodisc (97 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. ****
>
> [New York] : New York Film Annex, ****
>
> Lysistrata is an Athenian woman disgusted by the way men have ruined the
> country with their endless wars. Rallying the other women, she proposes
> they impose an embargo on sexual relations with their men as long as the
> war lasts. This "sex strike," reluctantly agreed to and not always
> enthusiastically observed, finally brings the men to their knees.****
>
> ** **

<<image001.gif>>

<<image002.gif>>