Dear Elena,

Contract OCLC and ask for a list of all libraries with film holdings. Then get
on the phone and call each individually and see if the Worldcat holdings are up
to date. If I were you, I wouldn't limit the scope of the project to just
public libraries, but all institutions holding film collections, active or
dusty.

Cheerful Regards,

Elizabeth McMahon

know:

>       * How many public libraries still have 8mm or 16mm collections
>
>       * How many public libraries are still lending from those collections
("lending" defined as in-house use, too)? Please respond to this thread or to
me directly at elenarossisn...@nypl.org.  And if you have any ideas on a better
method for data collection, I'd like to hear that, too!