Greetings (CC: VRT & Comm Libs):

In case it is of interest, here is an entertainment trade pub that mentions
the issue in plain language:
http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/new-trade-pact-provokes-concerns-over-hollywoods-influence-1201034738/

As there is consideration for updating the Copyright
Act<http://www.copyright.gov/regstat/2013/regstat03202013.html>there
we are also in the beginning stages of updating the Communications
Act.  I recently joined the ALA subcommittee on telecom and am tracking it
with ALA.
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/house-ec-releases-first-communications-law-update-white-paper/128346

As we make the digital shift the laws will be amended -- yet it expected to
be a slow process.

Best,

Cathy

Catherine H. Michael
Communications & Legal Studies Librarian
Ithaca College Library
953 Danby Road, Ithaca, NY  14850

Phone: 607-274-1293
Blog: http://comlaw.wordpress.com/