Hey Laura,

Unofficially no. But situations have cropped up where we purchased a Home
Use copy and then a screening was arranged so we split the cost of a PPR
copy. We don't have a budget to support screening rentals and I don't
support that idea - not from an acquisitions budget anyway.

Is it just me or are campus screenings starting to become quaint reminders
of times gone by? They still occur regularly here at AU yet I don't think
anyone attends them. Does anyone have success stories to the contrary? I'd
like to get marketing tips.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Laura Jenemann <ljene...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>  Hi again,
>

> I have another related question:
>

> Are any academic libraries funding PPR specifically for film screenings
> outside the classrooom?  In other words, where the primary use of the film
> is going to be for a one-time screening, rather than a classroom use.
>

> Regards,
>

> Laura
>

> Laura Jenemann
>
> Film Studies/Media Services Librarian
>
> George Mason University
>
> 703-993-7593
>
> ljene...@gmu.edu

Chris Lewis  American University Library  202.885.3257

Hot tip: Have you seen The Loving
Story<http://proxyau.wrlc.org/login?url=http://docuseek2.com/v/a/A8>?
A story about defiance of Virginia laws prohibiting inter-racial marriage
in the 1950s and the fight to overturn the laws.
Click the title to view instantly - restricted to AU users only.