This is the big issue of the online courses and degrees. We are in a early
stage (mogs vs. online education), but it is one of the areas with wider
development and universities see that as a huge business coming easily. In 2011
Stanford offered a course on Artificial Intelligence, and 160K students around
the world enrolled. 30K got the degree (Data from Francisco Ruiz, Google Public
and Government Relations
We could say that if the film is in a U.S. server, then it is legit to make it
available. Personally I think this is off and it is the same trick giants as
Amazon and  Apple and the rest with questionable business ethics uses to pay no
taxes in countries with regular tax policies and they settle their companies in
Ireland and places like that to avoid Danish or Spanish taxes. So is it fair to
pay $599 for DSL rights for a film that 160K students will watch? You can
answer and maybe we all can create  a policy that makes sense for all.

Marta Sanchez
Director

Pragda
Bringing You the Best of Spanish & Latin American Cinema
302 Bedford Ave., # 136 Brooklyn, NY 11249 (tel): 347-891-1788

Pragda: www.pragda.com
Spanish Film Club:  www.spanishfilmclub.com DEADLINE COMING UP! MARCH 31, 2014