Dear Videolibers,
After reading through the emails from some of the other companies, I
thought I would make it easier for you to navigate through our fine list of
titles by listing them  rather than giving you just one culinary link.  As
I mentioned before, we have an extensive list of culinary products.
Enjoy

 *Asian Food & Culture Series - 5 Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1176>*

The Study of Asian cuisine has rapidly become one of the last sources of an
undiluted look into the traditions of the region. In this five part series,
we profile a variety of Asian countries, the unique food and their culture.
This extraordinary series will have viewers thinking they are eating spicy
chilies or creating handmade noodles alongside the featured chefs.

*Best Chefs, The- A 20 Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1348>*

THE BEST CHEFS takes us on a journey into the culinary philosophy and
genius of each featured chef. An exploration of the most beautiful
gastronomic restaurants and châteaux introduces the viewer to the history
and culinary gems native to each beautiful region. The series takes us
behind the scenes into the kitchens of these creative chefs who share their
best-kept culinary secrets while presenting the dishes that either make
them happy or have made them famous. Each of these great chefs discuss
their paths, inspirations and the catalysts which made them who they are
today.

*Sushi And French Cuisine of Tokyo
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1716>*

Paris is no longer the gourmet capital of the world! The world has suddenly
discovered that Tokyo is a gourmet's paradise. Outside Tokyo, this was
secret outside a tight-knit freemasonry of glutton

*THE HEAT with Mark McEwan: 26-Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1409>*

Go behind the scenes as THE HEAT gives you an in-depth look into the
catering kitchens of world renowned chef Mark McEwan. Watch and learn as he
and his irreverent staff of talented proteges serve mouth-watering culinary
perfection while catering myriad of events. THE HEAT uncovers like
never-before exactly what it takes to plate perfect meals for the most
demanding clients. From corporate dinners of 1200 to small posh private
parties, enjoy a front-row seat as McEwan tackles the many challenges in
the world of high-end catering, taking his kitchen to wherever the party is.

*Wine Cents: 4-Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1533>*

This new series tours various parts of the world with expert wine
enthusiasts, sommeliers, and regional cuisine historians offering a wealth
of information on the distinctive regional wines and food pairings.
Exploring some of the most breathtaking vineyards and unique vintages
available today, this show highlights the ins and outs of operating a
winery and organic farming from soil analysis, the use of certain
terrain-slopes, climates, decanting, to the blending of grapes and the
preservation of the wine's distinctive taste. Interviews of winery owners
give an insight into the business of wine making as well.

*Wines <http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1698>*

All over the world, French wines are considered exceptional, especially the
wines of Bordeaux and Burgundy. In the recent years, California has been
producing notable wines, comparable to the best French, Italian and German
'Grands Crus'. A young industry in both Australia and New Zealand, wine
making has taken root in the well drained soils of the two countries,
becoming a key player in the global wine market.

*Caviar: The Black Gold
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1711>*

With the global economy in flux, one sector remains
strong. Surprising as it may seem, we are talking about
caviar. The world's leading producers are grabbing
huge shares of the market thanks to their farm-raised
fish.

*Made to Order: 13-Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1468>*

*Chef des Chefs: The Palace of Monaco
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1715>*

As seen on the Fine Living Network and Food Network Canada! Made to Order
lifts the veil off the high-end restaurant business and takes you on a
guided tour with two of its exceptional young stars. Chef Guy Rubino and
his brother and partner, Michael, a master in hospitality, escort you
through this reality-based series doing what they do best: Michael
orchestrating the front of the house and Guy creating wildly in the
kitchen. Made to Order documents the strategizing, research, and planning
undertaken by the brothers as they engineer solutions to satisfy a new
challenge per episode.

Chef des Chefs is an elite club composed of 40 highly distinguished chefs
cooking for the world's most powerful heads of states. Preparing daily
meals and sumptuous feasts for special government receptions, they live a
life of both privilege and considerable pressure.

*Ice Cream <http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=894>*

The design of an ice cream flavor is followed from the original marketing
concept, into the development kitchen, through various taste testing
sessions, and finally to the factory for mass production.

*Savoring Europe - 13 Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1021>*

This breathtakingly beautiful 13-part journey across Europe celebrates its
wonderful diversity of landscape, food and culture. SAVORING EUROPE reveals
the characteristics of different peoples, who have amazing ways of doing
things - the love of the different ways of life - their gusto and joy for
their land, traditions, and food.

*Savoring the World - 13 Part Series
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=530>*

SAVORING THE WORLD is a journey of discovery into the rich realms of other
lands, cultures and people. It transports us around the world through
breathtaking sights, sounds and tastes in 13 different regions. Each
episode explores a unique interplay of geography, history, and culture
(art, architecture, music, religion), and colorful cuisine. Exquisite
photography and authentic regional music set among high mountain valleys,
river plains, and ocean shores reveal the vibrant culture and excitement of
each region in a fascinating kaleidoscope.

*Year in Argiano, The
<http://landmarkmedia.com/videos_Detail.asp?videokey=1532>*

A unique and entertaining look into the art and craft of making great wine,
spiced with beautiful images of the Tuscan landscape. Spend a year in one
of oldest and finest wineries in Tuscany as we head to Argiano, situated in
the beautiful Moltalcino region and produces the famous Brunello di
Montalcino.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Borden, Lisa M. <lmbor...@utep.edu> wrote:

>  All:
>

> I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list of documentaries that are
> about food or food-related topics for a course.
>

> I will welcome any title suggestions from librarians or title lists from
> film vendors, on or off list.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Lisa M. Borden
>
> Serials & Electronic Resources Librarian, Section Head
>
> UTEP Library - Acquisitions
>
> PH: (915) 747-6709
>
> E-Mail: lmbor...@utep.edu

*Bev Weisenberg*